Wow, we’ve been pushing up a lot since our last official ‘release’ post, so let’s catch up:
- New Homepage Navbar: We realized pretty little orange buttons just weren’t cutting the mustard for helping people find out more about the site. Matt put together a bar that I think makes our options much easier to find.
- Subscriptions: Voterheads is free to all citizens and their local governments. Some people and organizations would like to monitor more, both in terms of interests as well as more organizations than we currently have available to the general public. Our subscription service provides those organizations with a weekly alert for when a city or county anywhere in the southeast matches their interests.
- Improved Mobile Experience: We’ve made several tweaks to our layout to make it more responsive. How bad was it before? I’m not telling…. okay, it was pretty bad.
- Want a Wizard? Call Gandalf: Once we completed making it easy for users to add and remove interests and organizations we realized we really didn’t need to make you click all those extra buttons when you signed up. So… bam! All on one page it is.
- Improved Agenda Item Descriptions: We’ve now made it easier to include links, pictures, or other supporting material for meetings and agenda items. In the first example, we included not only a description of the calendar agenda item but also a link to the proposed calendar itself. In the second screenshot, you can see where we’ve embedded the actual report in the agenda item. We hope this continues to make it easier for you to vote with your head!
- Other: We’ve also been making a lot of visual tweaks to help you guide you through the site, back-end changes for our staff to make it easier for us to get you information, and of course the requisite bug fixes.
Try all this new stuff out and let us know what you think!